Direct capture of CO2 from ambient air.
Essentially all my work on air capture is now wrapped up in Carbon Engineering www.carbonengineering.com a startup company commercializing air capture technology. I do not maintain a separate academic effort on air capture. The pace of engineering development within Carbon Engineering is rapid and we will only occasionally publish in the academic literature.
148. Geoffrey Holmes and David W. Keith. (2012) An Air-Liquid Contactor for Large-Scale Capture of CO2 from Air. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A – Mathematical, Physical & Engineering Sciences, 370: 4380-4403. (PDF)
116. David W Keith, Kenton Heidel and Robert Cherry. (2010). Capturing CO2 from the atmosphere: Rationale and Process Design Considerations. Geo-Engineering Climate Change: Environmental necessity or Pandora's box?. B. Launder and M. Thompson ed, Cambridge University Press, p. 107-126. (PDF)
120. Mahmoudkhani M., Heidel K.R., Ferreira J.C., Keith D.W. and Cherry R.S. (2009). Low energy packed tower and caustic recovery for direct capture of CO2 from air. Energy Procedia, 1: 1535-1542. (PDF)
101. Maryam Mahmoudkhani and David W. Keith. (2009). Low-energy sodium hydroxide recovery for CO2 capture from air. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control Technologies, 3: 376-384. (PDF)
103. Frank S. Zeman and David W. Keith (2008). Carbon Neutral Hydrocarbons. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (A), 366: 3901-3918. (PDF)
97. Joshuah K. Stolaroff, David W. Keith and Greg V. Lowry (2008). Carbon dioxide capture from atmospheric air using sodium hydroxide spray. Environmental Science & Technology, 42: 2728-2735. (PDF)
84. Joshua Stolaroff, David Keith and Greg Lowry (2006). A pilot-scale prototype contactor for CO2 capture from ambient air: cost and energy requirements. GHGT-8, 8th International Conference on Greenhouse gas Control Technologies Trondheim, Norway. (PDF)
68. Joshuah K. Stolaroff, Gregory V. Lowry and David W. Keith (2005). Using CaO- and MgO-rich Industrial Waste Streams for Carbon Sequestration. Energy Conversion and Management, 46: 687-699. (PDF)
51. David W. Keith, Minh Ha-Duong and Joshuah K. Stolaroff (2005). Climate strategy with CO2 capture from the air. Climatic Change, 74: 17-45. (PDF)
TH10. Geoff Holmes (2010). A Carbon Dioxide Absorption Performance Evaluation For Capture From Ambient Air. Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Calgary.
TH5. Joshuah Stolaroff (2006).
Capturing CO2 from ambient air: A feasibility assessment. Civil and environmental engineering and Engineering and public policy, Carnegie Mellon. (PDF)